In order for your new brows to heal properly and look their best, these pre & aftercare instructions found below are important. Pre-care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessive bleeding during the procedure will dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results.
When not to choose permanent brow work:
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- If you are diabetic
- If you have epilepsy
- If you have a pacemaker or heart conditions
- If you have had an organ transplant
- If you have the tendency towards keloids or scarring
- If you have seborrheic dermatitis
- If you have skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- If you are sick (cold, flu, COVID-19, etc.). Please reschedule.
- If you have had Botox in the past 4 weeks
- If you have used Accutane in the past 6 months
- If you have taken Doxycycline in the past 6 months
- If you are allergic to anesthetic (lidocaine/epinephrine)
- If you have cancer or are currently undergoing chemotherapy
- If you have an auto-immune disease
- If you are currently taking blood thinners
EYEBROWS PRE-CARE: How to prepare for your appointment
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid sun and tanning on your face two weeks prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes, “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements a week prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A, Chemical and Laser Peels, Microdermabrasions, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), and any chemical exfoliant or “brightening” skincare at least 6 weeks prior.
- Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided a month prior to procedure.
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- Makeup the day of: Yes, you can wear makeup to your brow appointment.
EYEBROWS -AFTERCARE: How to take care of your brows after procedure
- After the procedure, with clean hands, use the provided aftercare wipes to cleanse the skin every 15 minutes for the first 1-2 hours.
- Then gently wash your eyebrows with the provided aftercare soap & lukewarm water. Pat dry with tissue and apply a thin layer of aftercare cream with a Q-tip to the treated area. Repeat every 2-3 hours until bedtime.
- Morning: Wash once more with the aftercare soap & lukewarm water to remove any lymph that was produced over night. Reapply a thin layer of aftercare cream. This is your last wash for a week. Keeping the brows dry from water for the rest of the week is recommended.
- Continue to reapply the aftercare cream 2-3 times a day for a week. Recommend morning, night and before showers as a barrier against water.
- Avoid getting the eyebrow area wet
- Avoid excessive sweating
- Avoid makeup
- Avoid peeling scabs
- Avoid sauna, steam rooms, sunbathing, tanning
Next 4 weeks:
- Avoid using creams that contain acids or ingredients that lightens or exfoliates the skin.
- Allow yourself at least six weeks to heal, before the first touchup.
What to Expect After Your Permanent Eyebrow Session
- Your new eyebrows will go through several phases in the first month in particular.
- Immediately following the session, the deposited pigmentation will appear very sharp and dark. This is because much of the pigment is sitting atop the skin and has not yet fully permeated the skin. The color of the pigment will gradually soften.
- It is expected that you may see some excess pigmentation in the cotton swab used during the cleaning process. You might also think this is the color fading; it isn’t. This is superficial color that was not deposited in the skin.
- Itching and flaking may appear during the first 7-10 days after your semi-permanent brow session. This is a normal part of the healing process.
Rules for the 10 Days After A Brow Session
- To achieve the best possible results, the following list of activities & products must be avoided
- Do not engage in any activity that causes increased amounts of sweating.
- Do not swim.
- Do not use hot saunas, steam baths or Jacuzzis.
- Do not take hot & steamy showers.
- Do not sun tan outdoors and do not visit tanning UV salons.
- Do not receive any laser or chemical treatments, including peels of any kind.
- Do not apply creams or products that contain Retin-A or Glycolic acid anywhere on the face or neck.
- Do not pick, peel or scratch at the micropigmented areas, as this can cause scarring or removal of the deposited semi-permanent brow pigment.
- Avoid touching your face and your eyebrows in particular except when necessary to complete the aftercare instructions listed here.
Steps to Take Before Showering
- Before entering shower, apply a layer of aftercare cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture.
- During the shower, take care to keep your face away from water coming under pressure from the shower head.
- As previously stated, avoid hot and/or steamy water temperatures.
Use of Sunscreen
- Beginning 14 days after your semi-permanent brow session, good skin health depends upon the use of a sunscreen with a minimum SPF30. In particular, daily use of sunscreen helps to protect your beautiful new eyebrows from the fading effects of the sun’s UV rays.
* I reserve the right to deny service to anyone at my discretion. If you have (or had) any of the contraindicative conditions above, please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org ) before scheduling to ensure you are a candidate. Diagnosed conditions that are waived may be required to bring a doctor’s note stating their approval.
* We advise booking your appointment at least 3 months in advance of vacations, weddings, and special occasions. This allows adequate time for healing and time to receive touch ups. Some new clients may require multiple sessions to achieve their desired result.
A service that provides essay help with writing is a great option for students who are having trouble writing essays. They offer high-quality writing for a reasonable price.Online essay writers are a great resource for anyone who needs help with their academic writing.The best essay services are adept at completing assignments quickly and accurately. If you’re unhappy with the paper they will give unlimited revisions.